"A Cheerful Giver" (Michael & Irene)


3 foster children from HFG families received awards from MSF last weekend. Michael and Irene just shared with us what Nicole* (not her real name) did after the ceremony! Our hearts are so warm...Nicole, we are cheering you on!

SHARING BY MICHAEL
“So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.” - 2 Corinthians 9:7 NKJV
Today I (Michael) really saw what this verse truly meant.
Nicole* received the MSF Academic Achievement Award. Along with it she was awarded a prize voucher.
During our journey back from church, Nicole was quietly discussing something with her younger foster sister. Nicole than came excitedly to me saying; "Daddy, Daddy, you can use part of the money and go enjoy a meal 🥘with Mummy!"
I looked at Nicole surprised: "Why?". Nicole replied with glee; "I want to treat you & Mummy to your your favourite chilli 🌶️ dish." (She knew I like spicy food.)
I decided to pull her leg 😜,"how about you treat all of us to durians ?" (Nicole really can’t dislikes durians.) Nicole gave me an stoic stare and said,"Ok, I can go see you all eat, I will try a bit."
My heart just filled with warmth and joy!
Prior to this, I was actually planning to give our girls a good meal, in view that it's a holiday and to reward them for their hard work.
I was reminded of 2 Corinthians 9:7, for *God loves a cheerful giver*. Nicole, despite what she had gone through, still willingly & cheerfully gave part of her prize to me. Through Nicole, I am reminded once again, how my Gracious Heavenly Father doesn't need me to give but finds great delight when I gives cheerfully.
In our fostering journey, I know God is real because of we have seen first hand how God has blessed the girls He placed in our care.
I really hope more can give time and treasures to the children in need of a loving shelter.
We have experienced that when we receive these children cheerfully into out homes, we know that our Heavenly Father loves a cheerful giver. 😇
P.S. we will find a way to gift back Nicole’s prize money to her (SsssHhh… don’t tell her) 😆

 

Popular posts from this blog

Robin and Linda's Extraordinary Ordinary Lives

MSF Award Ceremony for Foster Children and Youth 2022 (Audrie)

Fostering Tea Session April 2023 (Alan & Eliz) - Caring for a Foster Child with Neurodiversity

Launch of Befrienders for Families with co-developer The Salvation Army